Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Difference by the report URL and the report list pages (site section max)

Level 4

Hello.

I have a question about the difference by the report URL and the report site section max (list pages).

I am interested in metric, page views and exits. Why are they not the same when I compere the page views and exits for the specific list page and the same list page but I have use the URL instead.

I would be very great full for any help!

Regards/Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks Erik,

Have validated it.

First, kindly don't use Page Views and Exits against eVar10 and eVar32. They are conversion metrics and they are to be used only against the events. So Page Views and Exits will not match for eVar10 and eVar32.

Second, I can see that you are storing eVar10 and eVar32 values in prop10 and prop32. Map Page Views and Exits against the variables prop10 and prop32 to compare, it should definitely be the same.

If you still face issues, please let me know.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Eric,

I can think that the difference might be due to URL Query String Parameters. Same Pages listed in report site section max can be captured under different URLs in report URL.

Example :

All the URLs abc.com/home/index.htm, abc.com/home/index.htm#, abc.com/home/index.htm?UTM=123 etc., are grouped under the Page abc.com/home/index.htm.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

Thank you for the answer Arun,

For me the URL stays the same even if I go to page 2 for example. When I look at the debugger, the debugger show that the URL and the site section max follow the same pattern. There are no difference.

I can understand if the URL shows for example an extra "page 2" then it's not the same. But that is not the case now.

I always get lower page views and exits for the URL report when I compare against the site section max.

I would be very happy for some more help so I can totally understand.

Regards/Erik

Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

Can you share the URL? I can validate and get back to you.

Also share the variables you used to capture URL and Site Section Max to validate.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

Hi Arun,

Thank you! Sure I can do that.

The URL are: www.ellos.se/barn/pojke-stl-86-140 (this is what the debugger is showing).

Navigation site section max is showing: barn/pojke-stl-86-140

Can this help you?

Or do you need what is after the URL: www.ellos.se/barn/pojke-stl-86-140.

Regards/Erik

Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

I can see that URL is captured under eVar10, eVar32 and eVar 34.

Which variable is URL Report and which variable is site section max according to you?

Please confirm.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

Hi Arun,

Evar10 is the navigation site section max report (the listpage)

Evar32 is the URL report.

Thank you!

Regards/Erik

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks Erik,

Have validated it.

First, kindly don't use Page Views and Exits against eVar10 and eVar32. They are conversion metrics and they are to be used only against the events. So Page Views and Exits will not match for eVar10 and eVar32.

Second, I can see that you are storing eVar10 and eVar32 values in prop10 and prop32. Map Page Views and Exits against the variables prop10 and prop32 to compare, it should definitely be the same.

If you still face issues, please let me know.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

Hi Arun,

Thank you so much for your help.

Now the page views are the same when I use the prop10 agains prop32. The exits are still not the same. The report URL (prop32) still gives lower numbers that site section max (prop10).

Do you have any ide why?

Regards/Erik

Community Advisor

Dear Erik,

Only scenario i can imagine is that if you use prop10 in s.tl() call but not prop32 and if the person exit the page after the s.tl() call, Exits will be attributed to prop10 but not prop32. There wont be any Page Views for both and thus Page Views metrics will not have any clash.

Hope this helps!

Thank You!

Arun

Level 4

Hi Arun!

Thank you for your help, it was very helpful!

Regards,

Erik