Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Days Between first Visits and First Purchase

Level 1

Hello all, 

I was wondering if is possibile to solve this question, on adobe can you verify a user’s conversion window? The goal is to see how many days a user converts after the first visit to the site.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

Dimension - Days before first purchase

The ‘Days before first purchase’ dimension reports the number of days that pass between the first time a visitor reaches your site and when they make a purchase. For example, if a visitor makes a purchase one day after first visiting, then any subsequent visit or event belongs to the “1 day” dimension item.

Populate this dimension with data

Adobe automatically populates this dimension based on the purchase event in your implementation. If you implement the purchase event on your site, this dimension always works.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/days-before-first-purchas...

Level 1

hi, 

i used it but it is not accurate, i would like to develop a custom metric

Level 2

One way to do this would be to put the two dates (Visit 1 date and purchase date) in the data layer. Then in Adobe Launch you could have a page load rule that fires on Order confirmation page that calculates the days between those two dates and puts it into an Conversion variable.

Level 6
  • You may be able to use a cohort table to get at this. Define first visit as inclusion and order as return.