Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data Sources: Possible to delete/remove orders?

Level 1

Hello,

a lot of our orders are canceled. There we would like to remove them from Adobe Analytics.

I am aware that it's possible to import canceled orders and create a new calculated metric of actual orders (see for example here Advanced Refund Analysis with Adobe Analytics​)

Is it in any way possible to delte canceled order in any way? Maybe by uploading "negative orders" to cancel out existing ones?

Thanks for your help!

Julian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

As far as i know you can't delete orders. But it would be also the wrong way in my opinion.

If you delete the order you won't see e.g. wich campaign, product, at what time or what kind of device leads to the refund/canceld orders, You can't drill down in your data to see what causes you the damage.

In other words you will lost data wich is i,portant to make the right desicions.

Upload refund and canceld order, with the cost and all other data you have from backend and you can even dig deeper into the problems.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

As far as i know you can't delete orders. But it would be also the wrong way in my opinion.

If you delete the order you won't see e.g. wich campaign, product, at what time or what kind of device leads to the refund/canceld orders, You can't drill down in your data to see what causes you the damage.

In other words you will lost data wich is i,portant to make the right desicions.

Upload refund and canceld order, with the cost and all other data you have from backend and you can even dig deeper into the problems.