Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Migration from old report suite to new report suiet

Level 1

How can we effectively migrate our existing data from the current report suite to a new one, ensuring accurate representation?

Post-transfer, the objective is to observe precise data, breakdowns, and define user journeys seamlessly.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As the others have said, this is not possible from what I have seen as well...

May I ask why you need to migrate the data to a new suite?

If you want all the existing data, why are you creating a new suite?

If you are re-making your site, or migrating to a new code platform for your website, you can continue to use the existing suite (sending equivalent data from the new site into the existing dimensions, and letting other no longer relevant dimensions gracefully fade out of existence)

If you are splitting you site into two, i.e. creating a new domain for a branch, you probably don't want the full data carried over to the new offshoot anyway... and while this will make before/after trending more difficult, the new site can start with a clean slate...  If you do need to compare before/after, you can use Report Builder to pull segmented data from the old suite (for site X) and the new Site X data, and use Excel to merge the data into a single table that shows before and after, then you can graph all the data to see the trending.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

I don't believe there is a way for you to copy the existing data into a new report suite on the standard platform. Adobe would need to do that. I have asked in the past, Adobe has not been able/willing to migrate data.

However, I think there may be a way to do that using the new Adobe Platform Edge Network. I do not use this, so I can't say for sure. 

Level 1

It is not possible to migrate the data from one report suite to another report suite. Once the data is collected in a reportsuite it cannot be moved to another report suite.

However, you can use data insertion API or bulk insertion api to push this data ...

Read the below thread for more info:

Solved: Re: Copying data from one report suite to another - Adobe Experience League Community - 5555...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As the others have said, this is not possible from what I have seen as well...

May I ask why you need to migrate the data to a new suite?

If you want all the existing data, why are you creating a new suite?

If you are re-making your site, or migrating to a new code platform for your website, you can continue to use the existing suite (sending equivalent data from the new site into the existing dimensions, and letting other no longer relevant dimensions gracefully fade out of existence)

If you are splitting you site into two, i.e. creating a new domain for a branch, you probably don't want the full data carried over to the new offshoot anyway... and while this will make before/after trending more difficult, the new site can start with a clean slate...  If you do need to compare before/after, you can use Report Builder to pull segmented data from the old suite (for site X) and the new Site X data, and use Excel to merge the data into a single table that shows before and after, then you can graph all the data to see the trending.