Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Data flowing into prop not evar

Level 4

While implementing link tracking in mobile sdk, I am passing some contextData which is being mapped to prop and evar in processing rules.

Data is flowing into prop but not evar. 

What could be the possible reason behind this? 

The processing rule is mapped exactly same for both with same context data

V_Sirish_Kaushik1_0-1695128856337.png

The prop is enabled

V_Sirish_Kaushik1_1-1695128899148.png

The evar is enabled

V_Sirish_Kaushik1_2-1695129001608.png

The data below, first dimension is link Name, then breakdown with prop, then eVar

V_Sirish_Kaushik1_3-1695129181725.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

@Jennifer_Dungan @RobertBlakeley @yuhuisg 
Its solved people! Thanks for the inputs. 
So turns out, we had a processing rule which was set to fire a custom event with no if condition, apparently that was causing the value of all evars to getting lost. The value was there in data feed, but lost in post_evar column. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you perhaps have your eVar configured as a merchandising eVar? This would prevent sending/setting eVars in the normal way...

Your processing rules look correct (I have never had an issue with anything that looks like that), so I am wondering if there is a mis-config on your actual eVar....

Community Advisor

Is the eVar newly set up? Some times I have noticed that new eVars don't start showing data for a while... but after a day it should be fine?

I have been testing for last one week though, tried several evars and props combinations for a journey, every time, i am getting proper data for prop, and there is data undefined for evar
Never seen something like this before.

Community Advisor

Ok, that is very odd... all my eVars work using the same "Override value of"

Is there any chance you have VISTA rules set up on your suite that could be removing the values after your Processing Rules?

Do you have AEP Assurance extension installed on your App? This will help you see almost immediately the results of your final props and eVars while testing... I highly recommend getting that added.

I also recommend checking with support if you have any VISTA rules set up.

Oh okay, will do that. Not aware of any vista rule set up, might have to find out. Dont have Assurance either. Thanks for the advice.  

Community Advisor

Keep me posted on this.. I am very curious about this as by all accounts what you have should be working...

Level 10

Given Analytics appears to be configured correctly, check if the evar mapped in the sdk schema. If it’s not in the schema it would not show up. You might also check your Tag Manager rules. Like a vista rule, there could be a tag manager rule or rules that clears the value.

You might also check your data feed. If the value is in the feed and not in Workspace, then the value was lost after Adobe received the data (e.g. processing rules, vista rules, etc).

Community Advisor

If you use a different eVar, do you get the same problem?

Correct answer by
Level 4

@Jennifer_Dungan @RobertBlakeley @yuhuisg 
Its solved people! Thanks for the inputs. 
So turns out, we had a processing rule which was set to fire a custom event with no if condition, apparently that was causing the value of all evars to getting lost. The value was there in data feed, but lost in post_evar column. 

Community Advisor

I'm glad you got this sorted out!

I should have asked about additional Processing Rules