Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data Feeds Exported Data Use

Level 4

Hi All,

As we all know, Adobe Analytics will only store historical data for so long, so we are curious what other customers do with the data that will be purged from Analytics.

We're exploring the Data Feed export option, however are struck by the challenges this raw data provides with regard to formatting it in a way that can be useful for analysis and long term trending. Since we can only limit it based on the date range and the fields exported, we can't apply rules that could help us organize it properly wherever it lands.

So here are my questions --

1. Do you export the data before it's purged? If so, do you use Data Feeds to accomplish this or another method?

2. For storing the data, do you put it in a data lake never to be referenced? Or do you restructure it somewhere?

3. Is this an in-house process or do you work with a third party to make the data useful again?

Thank you for sharing!

Robbie

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I think it's a broader question for everyone in forum but here are my inputs

1. Do you export the data before it's purged? If so, do you use Data Feeds to accomplish this or another method?

Yes, it's always a good practice to export the data using data feed (which is every hit you send to adobe data collection server) or data warehouse (copy of Analytics data on which you can apply filters (segment based) and breakdown etc)

2. For storing the data, do you put it in a data lake never to be referenced? Or do you restructure it somewhere?

I have seen customers using their data lake system to store it and they can leverage the same to restructure or create their own reporting system

3. Is this an in-house process or do you work with a third party to make the data useful again?

it varies from company to company there are companies who have those managed from third parties but there are some who has in house capabilities to manage it at their own.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I think it's a broader question for everyone in forum but here are my inputs

Yes, it's always a good practice to export the data using data feed (which is every hit you send to adobe data collection server) or data warehouse (copy of Analytics data on which you can apply filters (segment based) and breakdown etc)

I have seen customers using their data lake system to store it and they can leverage the same to restructure or create their own reporting system

it varies from company to company there are companies who have those managed from third parties but there are some who has in house capabilities to manage it at their own.