Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data exported from DWH is different from the data I see on the AA portal.

Level 2

My problem is: the data (number of rows) that I'm exporting with DWH is different from the data that I get in the Adobe workspace in a Freeform table. The number of rows that I get with the DWH tool is different from the data I get doing (theoretically) the same thing in the Workspace. 

What I've tried:

I'm exporting data using the DWH tool to get data from two custom dimensions let's call them (ID_AUTHOR and NAME_AUTHOR), so that the second dimension breaks down the first one like in the example below. I'm using a specific VRS (it filters a specific set of data) to perform the test. I don't have a clue why is this happening because it happens the same with other VRS that the customer is already using. 

For the sake of simplicity the report I'm trying to extract follows this structure:

Dimension 1: ID_AUTHOR 

Dimension 2: NAME_AUTHOR

VRS: Product_1.

Date_range: 2021-01-01  to 2021-01-02   please mind that (yyyy-MM-dd)

so the freeform table looks like this:

• ID_AUTHOR
    • NAME_AUTHOR

------------------------------------------------------------------

The DWH report I've created looks like:

• day
    • ID_AUTHOR
      • NAME_AUTHOR

and of course same date range and VRS as above. 

Let's say that my test set in the AA workspace is retrieving 100 registers and the report I get form DWH retrieves 122 registers. As you can see there is a big difference in the number of lines retrieved but the most funny thing is that there are some registers in the AA workspace that don't appear in the DWH exportation and vice-versa. 

I'm probably doing something wrong when I get the information from DWH but I don't have a clue what is happening. Am I using wrongly the VRS in DWH? 

Am I missing somethin when I break down the dimensions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I suspect that it could be due to the segment used in the VRS and how they are evaluated in DWH v/s Workspace. I'd recommend that you reach out to Client Care team for a thorough investigation and findings.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I suspect that it could be due to the segment used in the VRS and how they are evaluated in DWH v/s Workspace. I'd recommend that you reach out to Client Care team for a thorough investigation and findings.

Level 2
Hi ishans52004352, I've checked the VRS (the one I used for testing) and there is only one segment used to build the VRS dataset. I haven't created myself but maybe I can reach the collegue that created it. What elements/dimensions/clauses can affect the result of the extraction so I/We can find why is this happening?