Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Discrepancy - Workspace report Vs Data Warehouse report

Level 1

Hi Team,

We are trying to check data for Report Suites “Delta – Polaris” and could notice that the values for “Visits” metric is different when checked under “Workspace report” as compared to the values in scheduled reports under “Data Warehouse”.

Please see below example for one of the tracking code “dipd-n4tdhc” :

For Aug 1-31,2022, the tracking code shows 2952 Visits in Workspace report:

Ajay_Bhandari_0-1663941849437.png

Whereas, if we check the same tracking code in the scheduled reports (Aug 16-31 & Aug 1-15) from Data Warehouse the values for Visits is 3116 :

Ajay_Bhandari_1-1663941849443.png

Ajay_Bhandari_2-1663941849446.png

Can you please suggest us why there is discrepancy between both the reports.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay Bhandari

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What other data are you pulling via your Report Builder call? Is it possible you are pulling both page views and events into separate rows in Excel, therefore, when you sum the Visits you are duplicating some of the visit metrics?

I can only see the final result via a pivot table, but my guess is that you likely are pulling in multiple rows for a single visit, then taking those values and adding them together resulting in an over counting... this is something you need to be very mindful off when you take the data outside of workspace, as the rows become "flat" and no longer have access to Adobe's de-duplication logic across metrics like Visits and Visitors....

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Possibly some visits actually ran over your date change (midnight)?

In your Workspace you are pulling the data aggregated for the entire month... but in your Report Builder you are pulling by day.

If a user's Visit started on Aug 20 and finished on Aug 21, then they would show a visit count for both days when the data is broken out daily.

Level 1

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for the response.

Even if I breakdown the Workspace data pull by daily, the numbers do not match with the Warehouse report. Please see below screenshots for comparison of first 4 days :

Ajay_Bhandari_0-1664171132146.png

Ajay_Bhandari_1-1664171245499.png

Can you please suggest if there is any other solution for this issue?

Regards,

Ajay Bhandari

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What other data are you pulling via your Report Builder call? Is it possible you are pulling both page views and events into separate rows in Excel, therefore, when you sum the Visits you are duplicating some of the visit metrics?

I can only see the final result via a pivot table, but my guess is that you likely are pulling in multiple rows for a single visit, then taking those values and adding them together resulting in an over counting... this is something you need to be very mindful off when you take the data outside of workspace, as the rows become "flat" and no longer have access to Adobe's de-duplication logic across metrics like Visits and Visitors....