Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Daily return visits report in Adobe workspace?

Level 5

Hi, I am trying to pull the daily return visits report in Adobe work space, but there is no metric to pull it. So I am thinking to create a calculated metric for the same. Could anybody already know how to create a calculated metric for Daily return visits?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The Return Visits report in Reports and Analytics is not supported in Analysis Workspace. Although I don't speak for the official product roadmap, I believe it's unlikely to be supported in Workspace in the future. The Return Visits report in Reports & Analytics is based on a different reporting engine than Analysis Workspace so it's unlikely that you'll be able to simulate a daily return visits report in Workspace that exactly matches what you see in Reports and Analytics.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

First, create a Return Visits segment by the using container [Visit] and definitions {visit number is greater than "1"}

Use the Return Visits segment with default "Visits" metric in calculated metrics to build a Return Visits calculated metric.

How to verify it:

Create a New Visits segment by the using container [Visit] and definitions {visit number equals "1"}

Use the New Visits segment with default "Visits" metric in calculated metrics to build a New Visits calculated metric.

Build a Freeform table with Time > Day dimension in the workspace...drop "Return Visits Calculated Metrics", "New Visits Calculated Metrics" and "Visits" metric in it, each row (Day) sum for "Return Visits Calculated Metrics"  and "New Visits Calculated Metrics" should be equals to default "Visits" metric.

Level 5

Hi,

I was looking for Daily return visit calculated metric in the Adobe workspace. Also I am not able to see the visit number metric in the calculated metric page. Please help me here.

Community Advisor

Hey Dinesh, Yes! It will create a return visit calculated metrics which can be used any granularity (including by day); also as suggested you will have to create a segment first with visit number dimension, then use that segment to create a daily visit calculated metric.

Level 5

Hi,

Is this the correct calculated metric? Where Daily Return visits_DK is a segment which is defined as visit number >1 & visit container.

Community Advisor

what is your question again? can you explain it more...

Level 5

Hi,

Screen shot is not getting attached in the conversation. I have created a calculated metric with Daily return visits ( Segment -- visit number >1) then day exists metric then visit metric. Is this correct ?

Community Advisor

Here is what you need to do

Return visit segment:

1718619_pastedImage_0.png

Return visit Calculated Metric:

1718620_pastedImage_1.png

Freeform Table

1718633_pastedImage_2.png

Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for screen shots. If you compare the Adobe Daily return visits report with Workspace reports (Which you have shared with me- Freeform table), numbers are not matching. Any inputs here.

To: Kumar R, Dinesh B. <dinesh.b.kumar.r@accenture.com>

Subject: Daily return visits report in Adobe workspace?

This message is from an EXTERNAL SENDER - be CAUTIOUS, particularly with links and attachments.

Correct answer by
Employee

The Return Visits report in Reports and Analytics is not supported in Analysis Workspace. Although I don't speak for the official product roadmap, I believe it's unlikely to be supported in Workspace in the future. The Return Visits report in Reports & Analytics is based on a different reporting engine than Analysis Workspace so it's unlikely that you'll be able to simulate a daily return visits report in Workspace that exactly matches what you see in Reports and Analytics.

Community Advisor

Thanks! Brian, However, I was able to do a perfect match with reports and analytics return visit vs my return visit segment in the workspace. Dinesh you can QA your data in the workspace by following my instruction in the original post. It should match if you can provide a snapshot, we can dig deeper.

Level 5

Hi,

Asheesh, I too able to match return visits between reports & analytics and Workspace value. But I am looking for Daily return visit which is not a default report in the workspace, however the same is available in the reports & analytics.

Employee Advisor

I think that's the report Brian was referring to - return visits is a segment that can be used, but daily return visits is not.

Level 5

Thank you all for replies.

I have another question, In the products report, I am seeing Unspecified as the 1st row & has high visits. What is Unspecified here ?

Employee Advisor

If you're using visits as the metric, that would be the number of visits that did not view a product in their session.