Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Customize Time Spent Per Visit

Level 2

Hello,

How do you customize the Time Spent per Visit report to categorize visits in different time ranges?

Thanks,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi David,

You can make your own segments in Adobe analytics or Ad Hoc analytics with the dimension “Time Spent per Visit – granular” and use them as metrics. In Adobe analytics this would not be very useful because you would have to make a report for every segment (you could put them all-in one dashboard though). But if you have access to Datawarehouse or Ad Hoc Analytics you can put all the segments as metrics in one report.

Don’t forget to exclude the visits with 0 seconds; these are the single page / single server call visits with no time registered.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers,

Martijn

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

My understanding is that is not an available option at this time in Adobe Analytics. I would recommend posting to ideas.omniture.com if you have feedback on this option for Product Management.

Best,

Brian

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi David,

You can make your own segments in Adobe analytics or Ad Hoc analytics with the dimension “Time Spent per Visit – granular” and use them as metrics. In Adobe analytics this would not be very useful because you would have to make a report for every segment (you could put them all-in one dashboard though). But if you have access to Datawarehouse or Ad Hoc Analytics you can put all the segments as metrics in one report.

Don’t forget to exclude the visits with 0 seconds; these are the single page / single server call visits with no time registered.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers,

Martijn