Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Cross Device Tracking - How to pass adobe_mc param from Mobile App to Salesforce Page?

Level 3

Hello Guys,

We want to send the adobe_mc parameter with IDs from Mobile App to Salesforce Web Page  (for certain pages which are not native to the app, and we are using visitor.appendVisitorIDsTo(destinationURL); .

Problem is that the SF page has URL parameter limit of 25 Chars. Since Adobe_mc parameter is long and is vital to add in URL as we want to track the same user coming from Moblie App to Webpage, we are looking for a solution to pass adobe_mc param in compressed form or any other way to track the users from Mobile app to Web.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear UserAP,

Not sure how compressing Experience Cloud ID will work because the service is not provided by Adobe default.

Since because it is SF, you should have some Customer Identifier right? Try to send the Customer Identifier (Which I hope it should be lesser than 25 char) and sync it along with the new Experience Cloud ID generated at the SF page. This can help you to tie both the Experience Cloud IDs to a single Customer ID for reporting or pathing purposes, however, the visitor # will be count as 2 and that wont change.

Do you know Unique Visitor Variable in Adobe Analytics? If not, try to go through the same and see if you can do something there, BUT WITH ATMOST CAUTIOUS.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear UserAP,

Not sure how compressing Experience Cloud ID will work because the service is not provided by Adobe default.

Since because it is SF, you should have some Customer Identifier right? Try to send the Customer Identifier (Which I hope it should be lesser than 25 char) and sync it along with the new Experience Cloud ID generated at the SF page. This can help you to tie both the Experience Cloud IDs to a single Customer ID for reporting or pathing purposes, however, the visitor # will be count as 2 and that wont change.

Do you know Unique Visitor Variable in Adobe Analytics? If not, try to go through the same and see if you can do something there, BUT WITH ATMOST CAUTIOUS.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 3

Thanks @PratheepArunRaj it helps. Also we can leverage CDP I guess for mapping. 

We need to figure out how we can pass SF customerID then. 

True that, Unique Visitor Var is an option, but probably will not be suitable for our use-case. 

Love your articles btw.