Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Creating buckets of percentile

Level 1

Hi I am trying to create groups of users such that they fit into one of the 4 groups below:

0 -25th percentile

26th - 50th percentile

51 -75th percentile

76th - 100th percentile

based on amount of money they have spent. I tried both percentile and quartile functions but they dont seem to work correctly.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

after think about the question I don't believe you can use the calculated metrics (they can't be used within a segment).

maybe you can try the Histogram or Scatterplot  with calc. metric "revenue per visitor" and "unique visitors" to see some patterns?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

how do you create the segment/function so far? is the "amount" based on a single order or more orders counted together?

Level 5

can we do based on all orders counted together ?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

after think about the question I don't believe you can use the calculated metrics (they can't be used within a segment).

maybe you can try the Histogram or Scatterplot  with calc. metric "revenue per visitor" and "unique visitors" to see some patterns?