Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Count unique visitors by day and sum over a week

Level 1

I want to count unique visitors each day, and then sum over the week. At present I have a unique visitor segment and I can do it by day/week/month etc. But if I count it by week it only counts a single visitor once, rather than the sum of the daily counts. So if a user visited 3 times in a week, I would see that each day. But the week total would not be 3, it would be 1.

I have tried a few calculations but I somehow need to count it by day then sum it across the week.

Can this be done?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

What do you need to use the number for? Is it to total in a table or trend in a chart? One option would be to create a freeform table, use day as the dimension, evaluate a single week, and use the cumulative function with visits in a calculated metric. It should provide the correct column sum.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

What do you need to use the number for? Is it to total in a table or trend in a chart? One option would be to create a freeform table, use day as the dimension, evaluate a single week, and use the cumulative function with visits in a calculated metric. It should provide the correct column sum.