Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Count of days in week

Level 2

Hi.  I created a calculated metric to simply count the number of days using the approximate count distinct function.  It's been working just fine up until this past week.  Count shows 6 days in week instead of 7, even though a breakdown by day shows 7 days?  Any ideas why this is happening?

Count of days segment

Phil_H13_0-1595260886399.png

Report result:

Phil_H13_1-1595260948712.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Phil_H13 ,

The behavior looks weird. However, please note that the function Approximate Count Distinct isn't 100% accurate. The function uses the HyperLogLog (HLL) method of approximating distinct counts.  It is configured to guarantee the value is within 5% of the actual value 95% of the time.

Though, you may want to raise a ticket with us and we will happy to take a look.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Phil_H13 ,

The behavior looks weird. However, please note that the function Approximate Count Distinct isn't 100% accurate. The function uses the HyperLogLog (HLL) method of approximating distinct counts.  It is configured to guarantee the value is within 5% of the actual value 95% of the time.

Though, you may want to raise a ticket with us and we will happy to take a look.

Thanks!

Level 2
I will go ahead and raise a ticket. Thank you.

Level 4

This looks to be an issue and would request you to raise a ticket with Client Care