Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Corruption of double byte text in csv file

Employee

Is there some good way to download csv without corruption of double byte text?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Our engineering team reviewed this and were able to reproduce what you are seeing. They noted that the CSV file itself contains the correct characters; it is only when using Excel that the characters become garbled. Try opening the CSV file in a text editor or other application and let me know if that's not working. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

I think what you are saying is "there is a bug with multi-byte characters in the CSV download feature." I will ask the engineering team to take a look. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Our engineering team reviewed this and were able to reproduce what you are seeing. They noted that the CSV file itself contains the correct characters; it is only when using Excel that the characters become garbled. Try opening the CSV file in a text editor or other application and let me know if that's not working. 

Employee

It works! I got the data from a editor and then put into excel correctly. Thanks for your support.