Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Copy historical events data to a different event number

Level 4

I have a success event that fires on form submit. It sets and sends several pieces of data such as the form name, language and so on into evars. This success event is assigned to event1.

I'm doing an audit and found out that there are similar success events that also fire on form submit and sends similar data but using a different event number, lets say event2. So in essence I have duplicate events; same kind of success event (form submit) and same evars are set but different event numbers (event1, event2).

This is just an exercise in cleaning up AA. I would like to incorporate both events into a single event number. For example, I want to stop using event2 moving forward and so all form submits from now on will be event1. How can I copy old/historical instances of event2 and change them to event1?

I was just reading about Data Sources>Full processing. Do I download event2 data, edit them (change event2 to event1), then upload them? Or is there an easier way to do what I want to accomplish?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Altering historical data might be difficult. You may want to reach out to our Engineering Services team (via your CSM) or the Client Care and discuss this option.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Altering historical data might be difficult. You may want to reach out to our Engineering Services team (via your CSM) or the Client Care and discuss this option.