Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Cookie (First Or Third)

Level 3

Hello All,

How to determine if the cookie set by Omniture (Adobe Analytic) is First Party cookie or Third Party cookie for your web site?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

You can use a browser plugin like firebug, or the dev tools to be able to view cookies for a given site.  Depending on your implementation, you'll know which values to look for.  In most modern cases; Go to the cookies tab and look for s_vi and s_fid and check their Domain.  If that domain matches the domain for your site currently viewing, than it's a first party cookie being used.

I don't work for UnderArmour (I purposefully chose a different company), but I've attached a screenshot to show they are using First Part Cookies for SiteCat.  They also use DTM to deploy with rules, and a version of Appmeasurement.

[img]UnderArmour-cookies.png[/img]

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

You can use a browser plugin like firebug, or the dev tools to be able to view cookies for a given site.  Depending on your implementation, you'll know which values to look for.  In most modern cases; Go to the cookies tab and look for s_vi and s_fid and check their Domain.  If that domain matches the domain for your site currently viewing, than it's a first party cookie being used.

I don't work for UnderArmour (I purposefully chose a different company), but I've attached a screenshot to show they are using First Part Cookies for SiteCat.  They also use DTM to deploy with rules, and a version of Appmeasurement.

[img]UnderArmour-cookies.png[/img]

Good luck!