Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Consent Mode in Adobe Analytics

Community Advisor

Dear Team,

I would like to know that In the Google Tech there is a thing called "consent mode" which helps to model conversions and close the gap between real conversions and conversions visible in Analytics. Is there anything similar like this for Adobe?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@kamlesh-maddheshiya  Hey Kamlesh, not completely sure how "consent mode" is modeled in Google, but as I understand it should be Attribution models in Adobe Analytics which can be a close match to your requirements

Here is the link to the same

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/attribution/models.html...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@kamlesh-maddheshiya  Hey Kamlesh, not completely sure how "consent mode" is modeled in Google, but as I understand it should be Attribution models in Adobe Analytics which can be a close match to your requirements

Here is the link to the same

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/attribution/models.html...

Level 1

I'm afraid Consent Mode V2 has nothing to do with attribution.

It's a functionality that allows Google tags to send anonimous pings or standard pixels. Those pings are used to train a model and then add estimated data to de standard pixels measured.

Google is forcing Consent Mode (March 2024) in order to do remarketing or train its bidding models.

Level 1

Hi there,

Do you know if the updates made for Google Consent Mode (March 2024) would impact performance volumes seen in Adobe Analytics?

Level 1

Hi, Yes, they impact the Google Ads tags if they are used for remarketing.

I have also been trying to find a way to implement Google Consent Mode v2 via Adobe Launch, as the Google tags now require 2 new mandatory parameters: "ad_user_data" and "ad_personalization".

Without those two parameters, the tags will not be fired for remarketing purposes and so if you use remarketing audiences you will see a drop in Google Ads activity.

I have read everything I can find so far and it seems there is no way to implement this via Adobe Launch, as it is over complicated as always and does not integrate well with anything except its own products.

If you find anything, please do write back on here with a solution if it exists.

I think for now I will have to resort to hard coding tags, which defeats the point of having a tag management system. Hopefully Adobe will improve Launch soon, since there are so many people online asking the same questions.