Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Comparison of Adobe Analytics Extension and Web SDK Extension in Tags

Level 1

Is there documentation available which gives a good architectural comparison between the Adobe Analytics Extension and the Web SDK Extension in Tags? I am looking for something which not only shows the difference in the flow of data, but also describes the differences between the two methods. [e.g., Adobe Analytics can take ~30 minutes to process through to the Edge Network, and Web SDK will reach the Edge Network in ~1 minute]. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
4 Replies

Community Advisor

In my experience, AA receives the data from the Edge network almost instantly. E.g. when using the Adobe Debugger extension in my browser, I can see the post-processed AA hits in the Edge log almost as soon as the Web SDK hit has been sent successfully.

If you're looking for down-to-the-millisecond data, then I think you'll need to approach Client Care or your Customer Success Manager to get that info. (Or @ericmatisoff1 might know too.) Usually, for the rest of us, the data flow is "fast enough".

Level 1

Thanks @yuhuisg! I am looking to see the 'down-to-the-millisecond.' Specifically we are looking for documentation to justify the work/time that will need to be done to move to Web SDK. Will this give us 'same page' Targeting for example. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@PamFrei_C Here you go, this is an Adobe tech blog published by our product team

https://medium.com/adobetech/boosting-website-performance-with-adobe-experience-platform-web-sdk-and...