Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Combining two Relative URLs values into one

Former Community Member

Hello everyone!

Is there such a possibility that when changing the URL on the site, all the metrics in Adobe Analytics for the whole history would be in the new url, so that there would be no bifurcation?

For example, the Relative URLs was /old/, and it became /new/. How can I make all metrics at /new/ be the sum of metrics for /old/ and /new/?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

While not a perfect solution, if I am correctly understanding your question, one option would be to leverage Classifications to associate both the /old/ and /new/ URLs with a single value. It has some inherent challenges in that depending on the specifics, it could be something you would need to manually maintain unless there was perhaps a programmatic way to associate the values, in which case the Classification Rule Builder may be an option. I'd start by reviewing the concept of Classifications as a possible area to explore for this: Overview of Classifications in Adobe Analytics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

While not a perfect solution, if I am correctly understanding your question, one option would be to leverage Classifications to associate both the /old/ and /new/ URLs with a single value. It has some inherent challenges in that depending on the specifics, it could be something you would need to manually maintain unless there was perhaps a programmatic way to associate the values, in which case the Classification Rule Builder may be an option. I'd start by reviewing the concept of Classifications as a possible area to explore for this: Overview of Classifications in Adobe Analytics

Level 1

Hi nick,

I believe what you are trying to achieve is to store all the URLs over the journey visited by the user into one metric. Although I am not completely sure why that's required as in Adobe analytics you can map the visitors previous metric values but I believe you can achieve your goal by appending the new values in the same metric instead of reseting new values each time.
To be more precise lets assume you are storing URL metric in evar1 so, you can set the value of evar1 as-

s.eVar1= s.eVar1 + 'newValue';

Here the new eVar1 metric will have the previous url values as well as the new url values.

Also, as @derek-tangren suggested, you can further use classification to segregate the multiple values from evar1.

Hope this helps.