Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Classification Values Jumbled

Level 2

Hi,

I have two-tier campaign classifications set up on our Production report suite. Recently, I added new parameters in addition to the existing ones. For example, 

Initially it was like this: tier 1 - tier 2

Campaign - 

Market channel - Market channel full name

Campaign name

Publisher - Publisher full name

New addition is like this:

Campaign - 

Market channel - Market channel full name

Campaign name

Promo type - Promo full name

Publisher - Publisher full name

I also updated the RegEx on rule builder. This has now caused Publisher values to spill into Promo Types reporting. I have tried using lookback window size 6 months but I don't see it updated to reflect new classification rules.

Please can anyone provide me an alternate solution or a workaround? Thanks so much!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It's caused due to introducing an additional classification as a result of which the division number at the backend got updated to the Promo type. You can reach out to Client Care to see if it's possible to update the division number at the backend. Deleting and reclassifying the structure would fix the problem, however, you will need to reclassify the impacted historical data. Again, it'll be best to discuss this with Client Care for a confirmation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

@ssharanya29  The reason values got jumbled up is because you introduced new dimension value in between the existing ones due to which the serial number of the dimension classification on backend got changed and the values got jumbled up. It is not recommended to add values in between the existing dimensions and every new dimension has to be added on last.

Level 2
Hi @amgup, yes that is right. I am thinking of deleting and reclassifying from scratch. But need confirmation if you know about it please?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It's caused due to introducing an additional classification as a result of which the division number at the backend got updated to the Promo type. You can reach out to Client Care to see if it's possible to update the division number at the backend. Deleting and reclassifying the structure would fix the problem, however, you will need to reclassify the impacted historical data. Again, it'll be best to discuss this with Client Care for a confirmation.

Level 2
Hi @Ishan_Sinha_, thank you for the suggestion. I have reached out to client care and a possible solution from our consultants too. Please would you help me understand if I do delete and reclassify again, will that mess up anything or will it as good as new?