Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification Rule Builder time to process/troubleshooting

Level 1

I've built and tested 18 rules to classify page URLs that start with https//domain/starts with tracking code as "page name = homepage", and so and so forth for other subpages on a campaign microsite. I tested the rule set with real Page URLs that have been captured in the last few days - and everything assigned a page name just as I'd set it up to.

Now I have up to 9,000 page URLs captured over the last 30 days to process - but the new page names are not showing up yet in my pages report. It's been a little over 24 hours (what was suggested as the processing time) - what else can I look into to troubleshoot? I did set the rule set to override prior classifications.

Ideas?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok so you are using classification rules. I have where they some rules if not coded exactly seem to classify correctly in testing but suddenly they are somehow ignored or over taken by similar classification rules around them.

Have you looked at the option of a processing rule(s)? This might be a better way to do what you want whereby URL+suffix = pagename. Its a bit tricky but if you have an adobe support contract you can have your rep. dev assist you in setting up such rules. I think they might work better than classification rules in this case. Sadly they are not retro active.

good luck

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I am still a bit unclear how you have your setup.

Can you provide more detailed example of the types of URLs, also the Rules you built?

Level 1

Of course, we have a dynamic microsite where pages don't actually "load" but we are capturing page URL. Because of the way the site is built, the dev team can't name each page uniquely so that my page reports and pathing reports work correctly with "nice names". So I use those URLs to write a classification rule like this one:

After setting up the ability under conversion classifications to base a classification off of Page URL, built a rule set including:

if page URL starts with:  https://domain/l/microsite.html?trk=        set Page name to "Homepage"  (this is to pick up paid media Page URLs that capture unique URLs but are pointing to the site's homepage)

and...

if page URL contains: https://domain/l/microsite.html#section0102   set page name to "Page 0102"

I set it to overwrite existing classifications, but since this is an 8-page deep campaign microsite - it shouldn't be bumping into any other rules as its domain is unique.

The rules tested out with sample page URLs already captured in the last few days - used "Test Rule Set" to validate before activation.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok so you are using classification rules. I have where they some rules if not coded exactly seem to classify correctly in testing but suddenly they are somehow ignored or over taken by similar classification rules around them.

Have you looked at the option of a processing rule(s)? This might be a better way to do what you want whereby URL+suffix = pagename. Its a bit tricky but if you have an adobe support contract you can have your rep. dev assist you in setting up such rules. I think they might work better than classification rules in this case. Sadly they are not retro active.

good luck