Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Classification of Typed/Bookmarked Traffic

Level 2

Hello All,

Let me try to explain the scenario;

Traffic Source of our website says - Typed/Bookmarked= 45%, Other Websites=42%, Search Engine=11% and Social Network=2%. As per our promotional activities the highest contributor should be Other Websites not the Typed/Bookmarked. We are running different campaigns for our website and using tracking code for all the campaign URL.

As the performance of traffic sources are doubtful - I tried to drilldown in "Typed/Bookmarked" source. What I figure out is a good amount of traffic those are tracking code attributed - are being considered as "Typed/Bookmarked" traffic. 

My question is; these tracking code attributed traffic should fall under "Other Websites" - why the above mentioned situation raised?

Regards 

Utsav

1 Reply

Community Advisor

If those websites are suppressing the referrer that would cause the traffic to show as "Typed/Bookmarked".

Also, if your website is doing any redirects, it might be maintaining the Query String Parameters, but not passing through the referrer...

The "Referrer Type" is really just a basic function that looks at the HTTP Headers... if no referrer, then there is nothing that can be determined, so it will fall under "Typed/Bookmarked"... the other types like Search Engine or Social Networks look at specific patterns (search engine) and specific domains (social) and file accordingly.. and any other referrer will fall under other (so you will see "google" under both search and other, since google has their search engine, but also their apps that do not count as "search")