Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Channel Attribution Issue

Level 2

I have been using query parameters for the landing pages to identify the paid channel visits and conversions. But when I check the affiliate campaign performance with the entry pages broke down, I could see Google paid search conversions attributed to the Affiliate channel. Also, there are few entry pages without any query parameters as a landing for this channel. Image reference is below. We have these issues for other channels as well.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

1778320_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Shatheeswaran,

Understand. Breaking Last Touch Channel by expiration related dimensions like Tracking Code or Visit related dimensions like Entry Pages will not give you the right answer, because both work differently.

Breakdown the Last Touch Channel by Last Touch Channel Detail to understand the entries or tracking codes those attributed for the channel. It would give you the exact results!

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Shatheeswaran,

Understand. Breaking Last Touch Channel by expiration related dimensions like Tracking Code or Visit related dimensions like Entry Pages will not give you the right answer, because both work differently.

Breakdown the Last Touch Channel by Last Touch Channel Detail to understand the entries or tracking codes those attributed for the channel. It would give you the exact results!

Thank You!

Arun

Level 2

Hi Pradeep,

Thansk for your reply. When I break down the direct channel by last touch channel details, I still get the Piad search visits. Reference is attached. Do you have any idea on this?

Adobe-forum.JPG

Community Advisor

Dear Shatheesh,

Can you share the Direct Call Processing Rule like the below? And the order?

Direct Processing Rule:

1784055_pastedImage_0.png

Order:

1784056_pastedImage_1.png

Guess there are problems with your order and processing rule.

Thank you!

Arun

Level 2

Sure, Arun!

Please see below the configuration setiings.

Direct Processing Rule:

Direct-Processing-Rule.JPG

Processing Rule Order:

Processing-Rule-Order.JPG

Community Advisor

Dear Shatheesh,

I can see that Last Touch Detail for your Direct Channel was Page Name, then how did it capture some query string parameter?

Can you share the Website URL and all rules (I can see two Affiliate rules) in private chat to help you. Definitely some gaps in implementation and processing rule setup!

Thank You!

Arun