Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Canceled Beacon requests by Browser

Level 2

Hi,

We have recently (this week), started to noticed that Google Chrome (our version is 119.0.6045.160 ), is cancelling our 3rd party vendor scripts such as some social, search and also Adobe Analytics.

We can see that the message from the Browser is 

This request was NOT successful because the server rejected it (HTTP 403).

Then in the network tab, the call is canceled.

Does anyone know why?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So it is happening on edge too right ? Definitely a back end issue. Your dev team should be able to zero in on what might be happening. 403 error is basically a 'Access Forbidden' error which means nothing else but that the resource that the browser is trying to retrieve from the web server has restricted access and the credentials used in the access request from the browser does not the required credentials to access the resources. In fhis case, these are the scripts that are failing at your end.

This is a simplistic answer but it would suffice to know that it seems to be backend issue rather than a browser specific issue.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @aedelnevo77 

Does this only happen with this specific browser ? I am assuming you have checked it with other browsers as well ?

Chrome version 119 released in late October so most probably, if they would have done something to break the scripts we would have seen more reports around it.

Also, the error is an authentication access error - 403 which seems to point to a web server rejecting the access to these resources. I would suggest checking with your development team who manages your site to see of they rolled out any specific changes in the last week which might have impacted the setup at your end.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 2

Hi

Its not just specific to Chrome, no, i tried on Edge too.  I hear what you are saying, yes, there would have been more reports. I have liaised with my IT partner but he hasn't been able to give me RCA.  I've raised a ticket with AA and i will check again with our Dev team follow their response.  Can you tell me more about the 403 or should i just 'google' it?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So it is happening on edge too right ? Definitely a back end issue. Your dev team should be able to zero in on what might be happening. 403 error is basically a 'Access Forbidden' error which means nothing else but that the resource that the browser is trying to retrieve from the web server has restricted access and the credentials used in the access request from the browser does not the required credentials to access the resources. In fhis case, these are the scripts that are failing at your end.

This is a simplistic answer but it would suffice to know that it seems to be backend issue rather than a browser specific issue.

Cheers,

Abhinav