Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Can you bypass dev and stage to publish a build directly to Production?

Level 1

I'm new and inexperienced with Adobe Tagging. I'm trying to get it implemented on our website. We do not have a dev o staging environment. Is it possible to publish directly to production? What is the risk? 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes but not recommended as this sounds like tag implementation didn't go through proper testing before going into production, where you may break your website if anything goes wrong with tagging.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 9.41.45 AM.png

Moreover, you need to understand the difference between the environments in Adobe Launch and the environments of your website.

You may not have dev or staging environments for your website but you always have one staging environment and can have multiple development environments in Adobe Launch, each with its own Launch JS.

In the ideal world, you can assign and use each of those Adobe Launch JS of different Launch environments matching your website environments. However, in your case, there is only a production website without any dev and staging environment. You can use the Adobe Experience Platform Debugger to dynamically replace the Launch JS on your production website with dev or staging Launch JS to test your tagging implementation before going into production.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 9.48.36 AM.png

 It is still strongly recommended to set up a staging environment for your website so all changes are properly tested before going into production.

Community Advisor

Fully with @leocwlau 

If your website does not have a non-productive environment, your are likely going to affect your prod system with bugs you are introducing along the way.

Rather use debugger extension to inject the development version and test it on your system before always pushing it straight away.

Else you will be doing an open heart surgery all the time 🫣

Hope that helps.
Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 1

I'm looking into the debugger now. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Level 1

This makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much. I appreciate the guidance.