Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can't select variable when building rule

Employee

Hi!

In Admin > Classification Rule Builder > [create/edit rule] > Select Report Suites and Variables, why are some variables grayed out after selecting a report suite? What settings do I change to enable these variables?

I have enabled the Conversion Variable and I have associated the Conversion Classifications with that variable, but I'm still unable to select it in the Report Builder.

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

One more thing, if you checked all the rule builder rules, maybe you also have imported rules through the classification importer?

You should be able to check this by exporting all the classification rules and check what all is currently set.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Additionally, I have checked all existing Rules and none use this variable.

Community Advisor

Usually that means there is already a classification rule on that particular dimension... this is to prevent you from creating conflicting rules...

If you have more than one suite selected, it might be that the dimension isn't available in all the selected suites.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

One more thing, if you checked all the rule builder rules, maybe you also have imported rules through the classification importer?

You should be able to check this by exporting all the classification rules and check what all is currently set.