Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Can I get running totals in Report Builder?

Level 1

I'm trying to put together a little report with some marketing channels - trials, sales etc. by week over a 3 month period. 

I've got the data, but what I'd like to do is present the weekly data as a running total, and then compare that with different patterns. 

Is there any way to get a running total in Report Builder? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

M,

You can create a custom metric to handle this. Documentation is here.

Mine looks like the attached image, and worked exactly as I expected

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi, 

If I understand your query correctly you want to have a report showing the data for the last 3 months with weekly numbers in a row and the last 3 months would be a rolling date.

In the Report Builder you can select 'Rolling Dates' and then specify 'Rolling weekly' and then under 'Apply granularity' also select week. I think this would give you the required result. 

Let me know if that solves your question. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 1

Hey Tanmay, 

Thanks for the reply. My question was actually around how to display a running total for my data. Any thoughts? 

M

Level 10

Hi M,

It would be great if you could show a sample structure of the report that you are willing to create. That would help me in understanding your requirements better. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 1

Hey Tanmay, 

Really appreciate your support :-). Attached is a little Excel sheet that will explain the kind of output I am trying to generate. I hope that this helps. 

Manas

Correct answer by
Level 4

M,

You can create a custom metric to handle this. Documentation is here.

Mine looks like the attached image, and worked exactly as I expected

Level 1

Ah! Ascending_sort! That's probably it. Going to take a look now,I'm pretty confident this is going to work! Thanks for your help.