Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can I create a pathing report where the "selected page" is a referrer?

Level 1

Hi,

I would like to create a page and/or section flow where the point of origin is actually a referrer to understand top entry points based on referrers and then simultaneously see pathing beyond that rather than having to do separate segmented pathing reports based on entry page reports I have. Is this at all possible? (Does it even make sense?)

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

You can simply build a segment to isolate visits from the referrer of interest and use normal pathing reports to see what you are looking for.  However, if you want to, you can concatenate the referrer to the pagename value in a new sProp and then enable pathing for that sProp and see all path flows by referrer that way...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

You can simply build a segment to isolate visits from the referrer of interest and use normal pathing reports to see what you are looking for.  However, if you want to, you can concatenate the referrer to the pagename value in a new sProp and then enable pathing for that sProp and see all path flows by referrer that way...

Level 1

Apologies in advance if I misunderstood (I'm a Google Analytics convert becoming acquainted with Omniture... learning curves)

I'd built the segments and was using that to look at different pathing trends, but I'm not getting quite the behavioral characteristics I wanted since the starting point on my next page/section flow chart is always an article page or a homepage which isn't sufficient for me. How can I make that first point of the pathing flow the referrer/entry point?

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate the insight!