Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Can Adobe Analytics identify visitors by their company?

Level 3

Very broad question but can Adobe Analytics identify visitors based on their company?

HubSpot does this by getting the IP address of the visitor and mapping that to a company. It isn't 100% accurate but at least we have an idea of which companies are visiting our website. I was just wondering if Adobe Analytics has these capabilities.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is one option assuming you know about the user and their associated company accessing your website.

Using SAINT classification you could tag and match users to their respective company. 

You need to match them in such a way as post login id to something like MID adobe marketing ID for example.

It may actually be more accurate than the Hubspot technique...

GLTU

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Simply no. Adobe Analytics collects and reports based on what information you send to their collection server without too much data information added.

To get more information about your visitors, you will require Adobe Audience Manager and buy third party data via their marketplace. Of course, there are costs and it is beyond just Adobe Analytics but the integration among multiple solutions within Adobe Experience Cloud.

Employee Advisor

@stan255 No, Visitors are linked to IP addresses, you can know from which IP addresses they are coming from.

You can then identify these IP addresses if required

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is one option assuming you know about the user and their associated company accessing your website.

Using SAINT classification you could tag and match users to their respective company. 

You need to match them in such a way as post login id to something like MID adobe marketing ID for example.

It may actually be more accurate than the Hubspot technique...

GLTU

Level 3

Hey Pablo, thanks for the response. What if the visitors are non-logged in users? Is there a way to still identify them based on their company?

Community Advisor

Yes if you use the Adobe Marketing ID then once its associated to Company and the user returns in a non logged in state then you will be able to see them and know company. The only caveat as MID is unique to device so when they change device then a new MID to Company will need to be matched. Also if cookies deleted will need to wait for new match.

I`ve used this technique very successfully so I can see a user across multiple devices and the really cool thing with MID I get data retroactively...

GLTU

Level 3

This sounds like an elegant solution. Since we are B2B marketers, the device doesn't really change. How do you go about associating a company to a marketing ID? Is it technically difficult to do and would need to bring in a data science team or IT?

If it's not too much of a trouble for you, can you share a screenshot of a report of this?

Community Advisor

Adobe Analytics' Domain dimension works in a similar way. If a company declares an IP block to be part of their network this dimension will show you that company. It will still be mixed with regular ISPs but may provide some value in your use case.

Level 3

Hey @FrederikWerner, thanks for this solution. It's simple and can be used out of the box. Thank you!