Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Calculating Orders from 'Highly Engaged' Traffic Segment

Level 1

I have a set of pages and I want to understand their role in conversions on a visitor level. 

The Segment ABC Traffic is defined as

(URL begins with A or URL begins with B or URL begins with C or URL begins with D)

I created a Visitor level Segment of the above logic and was able to get the number of Orders. 

Now I want to consider only the Highly Engaged Hits of the ABC Page Segments make their Visitor level segment and find their corresponding orders. 

My definition of a Highly engaged visitor is

- one who has had atleast 2 visits to those pages OR

- has spent atleast one visit which has time spent on page >= 15 seconds

So I made the following segment

VISITOR

[

(URL begins with A or URL begins with B or URL begins with C or URL begins with D)

-AND-

(Time Spent on Page - Bucketed is greater than or equal to 15 to 29 seconds
- OR -
Visit Number is greater than or equal to 2)
]
But the visitor level doesn't seem to be working as expected. 
It pulls in 820K UVs instead of the expected 709K UVs 
and covers 100% of orders that were cover through the original All traffic Visitor Level Segment.

What could be wrong with my Highly Engaged Visitor Segment please? 
I am expecting the UV count to remain same on the Visitor Level segment ie be equal to 709K UVs but the Orders to be much lesser than 8896 for ABC Traffic - Highly Engaged (Visitor).

adobe forum questions upload.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Reason for lower UV in hit container because possibly it is missing out on visit criteria and capturing only time spent.

For orders, you can try increasing time to see if order value is reducing

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Reason for lower UV in hit container because possibly it is missing out on visit criteria and capturing only time spent.

For orders, you can try increasing time to see if order value is reducing