Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Calculated Metrics and Attribution IQ

Level 2

We noticed that it is not possible to apply the new Attribution IQ features on a calculated metric. Only original succes events can be used for attribution modelling.

As our implementation relies heavy on calculated metrics, this is a big limitation to us. For example: we have a generic impression event for form steps. And create a calculated metric for our conversions: impressions from form step = laststep of tool X.

We found a work-around by creating segments that mimic the calculated metric and apply those segments on a column on which we can then apply a specific attribution model. However, this is additional work that can be avoided.

So, my question for the Adobe Analytics product development team: is enabling attirbution modelling on calculated metrics on your roadmap or not? And if so, any hints for release dates?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

It is now available for about month or so : Attribution IQ in Calculated Metrics - YouTube

Therefore I believe this post can be marked as resolved

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

It is now available for about month or so : Attribution IQ in Calculated Metrics - YouTube

Therefore I believe this post can be marked as resolved

Level 10

Gigazelle​, sfabri​, It does not seem to be working. It's not possible to add a calculated metric to the Attribution IQ panel. Could you  share a screenshot showing that's working on your account?

Level 2

Hi @andrey ,

Look at the video I posted above ; I believe calculated metrics can have attribution applied to them but said metrics cannot be used in the Attribution IQ panel, you will have to create your own tables via freeform tables and add the calculated metrics you created.