Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Bulk drag and drop dimensions?

Level 1

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out how I can drop one dimension on top of multiple dimensions at once. For example, I have operating system dimensions for the first column but want to add another dimension on top of all these different columns. I tried searching the answer for this but can't seem to find it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It's not very intuitive, but it's definitely there!

1. click the first value, then shift-click the last value. All values should be highlighted blue.
  2. drag the dimension you'd like to break down onto any highlighted row
  3. click the gear icon on the parent dimension, and check 'breakdown by position'. otherwise, new values that make it onto the list won't be broken down.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It's not very intuitive, but it's definitely there!

1. click the first value, then shift-click the last value. All values should be highlighted blue.
  2. drag the dimension you'd like to break down onto any highlighted row
  3. click the gear icon on the parent dimension, and check 'breakdown by position'. otherwise, new values that make it onto the list won't be broken down.