Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Bounce Rate

Level 2

Our bounce rate just got much lower, which we know isn't due to our brilliant content.  Seems that we're firing a direct call rule when the user leaves a page (this gives us the scroll depth, time on page, etc... for the user, which is then used to determine the quality of the story in question).  Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is what's causing the issue because I can see an uptick in this type of content around the same time.  Is there anyway to tell Adobe that this is a "non-interaction" event?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi There,

If your Direct Call is triggering on the page then it would definitely increment your Analytics Server Call in which case even if a user was leaving the page with no interaction, a bounce would not be considered since you would have two calls. Now, you would want to move try and changing to another rule type like event based which would not trigger any server calls but would record your scroll depth values into an evar which would be recorded on the next page load. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi There,

If your Direct Call is triggering on the page then it would definitely increment your Analytics Server Call in which case even if a user was leaving the page with no interaction, a bounce would not be considered since you would have two calls. Now, you would want to move try and changing to another rule type like event based which would not trigger any server calls but would record your scroll depth values into an evar which would be recorded on the next page load. 

Level 2
But the next page load never happens, many of our customers come in from twitter and then close the browser. We're catching that "close" and submitting a beacon call as it's closed. Our bounce rates are normally in the 80's because people are reading and then leaving (also mostly on mobile). It would be good if we could flag a call as a non-interaction call.

Employee
Thats not possible currently. Either you would have to remove the close beacon call or accept the low bounce rate. The non interaction call currently does not exist, any beacon call will always reduce the bounce rate.

Level 2
This would be good to have as a feature, can it be added? I should have better control over how Adobe perceives the calls I make to the system, instead of having it assume what I want.

Level 1

Hi, I am also interested so much in the info if any progress of  imtroducting non intection event is done in AA.