Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Bounce and Entries for (Low Traffic)

Level 8
Level 8

Recently, we noticed the Bounce% increased a lot, while investigating, after we opening up the "Entry Page", most of the increasing bounce is in (Low Traffic).

However, there is no way in Data Warehouse add "Bounce, Entries".

Experts, do you have better idea to open the detail of the (Low Traffic) for above scenario?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

There are two parts to this that you should be aware of. The first is that that Adobe Analytics only allows for 500,000 unique dimension values per month in the UI. So you may find that storing your URL's without query strings will stop this problem in future - unless you really have over 500k active pages on your site!

Other than that your best bet (assuming you don't have a data lake) is to setup an data feed for a weeks worth of data containing only the essential fields and do the discovery in SQL. I believe you need:

visit_num

visit_page_num

page_url

pagename

visid_high

visid_low

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

There are two parts to this that you should be aware of. The first is that that Adobe Analytics only allows for 500,000 unique dimension values per month in the UI. So you may find that storing your URL's without query strings will stop this problem in future - unless you really have over 500k active pages on your site!

Other than that your best bet (assuming you don't have a data lake) is to setup an data feed for a weeks worth of data containing only the essential fields and do the discovery in SQL. I believe you need:

visit_num

visit_page_num

page_url

pagename

visid_high

visid_low

Level 8
Level 8

Thanks for your reply, is there any guide I can refer to as well? So far I haven't had an idea on what the listed fields mean and how to calculate the bounce, entries on the basis of listed items.

e.g.

visid_high

visid_low

Have a good day.