Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Block personal data from tracking using adobe launch - Adobe analytics

Level 3

The following data or personal data should be blocked from tracking:

• Device info
  • Browser info

Is this possible to do with or without consent'?

@All , @Andrey_Osadchuk,@PratheepArunRaj , Jennifer_Dungan@VaniBhemarasetty @gdpr

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

these data are generated post collection so using post-processing. As I said they are linked to user-agent.

Never heard that we can't collect them. User can opt-out from analytics but that would mean you cannot collect any data and will have to stop analytics collection based on their cookie selection

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

As far as I know device info and browser info is not PII data. Just by looking at this data you cannot identify a specific user. Based on that it should be fine to track this data.

Also browser info and device info are derived from the User-agent as far I believe

Level 3

Yes, you are correct.

I would like know is their way that we can block the those data.

1. if user give concern we can collect the data.

2. if not, need to block the data. 

If yes, How can we do?

If NOT why we are not able to block the data?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

these data are generated post collection so using post-processing. As I said they are linked to user-agent.

Never heard that we can't collect them. User can opt-out from analytics but that would mean you cannot collect any data and will have to stop analytics collection based on their cookie selection

Community Advisor

Based on your requirement, if the user opts out of tracking, then you shouldn't be sending any beacons at all. In that case, since no beacons are sent, then no info (device, browser) is sent to Adobe Analytics too.

Your consent manager should have a way for you to get the user's consent state, and then you can configure tracking opt-in, e.g. via the Experience Cloud ID Service https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/id-service/using/implementation/opt-in-service/optin-overvie...

Level 3

@yuhuisg , if we do that it will block the all data right? We need to block only for a specific data. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Level 2

I don't think there is a specific way not to collect the only Device and Browser Info as these are provided directly automatically by Adobe and it's not PII or custom user data which your organization wants collect extra from what adobe is providing.