Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

[Basic Question] how to use filter box with multiple function without opening advanced filter box.

Level 4

Hello!

My co-workers always use advanced filter in some reports.
But she frustrated with SiteCatalyst slowly reaction (even if opening advanced filter window) because of huge database.

I knew that I inputted following characters at page report,

main question 
means pagename data includes "main" and "question".

If I wanted to filter pagename data include "main " or "question",
How should I input filter box without opening advanced filter box?

I tried input the box "main|question", but it didn't work.

If you had time, could you answer this question?

Tomo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Advanced (Special Characters): Uses special characters that have additional operators so users can filter exactly what they are looking for.

• Quotation marks for matching exact phrases. For example, "zap apple" would only return data containing that exact phrase.
  • Carets for starting with text. For example, ^sale would return items like sale on shoes and salesman.
  • Dashes for excluding data. For example, -gallery would prevent any line items that contain gallery from being returned.
  • Asterisks for wild cards. For example, home * sale would return home for sale and home 4 sale.
  • Dollar signs for ending with text. For example, $php in a URL report would return all sites ending with php.
  • Pipes for 'or' statements. For example, support | assistance | help | kb would return line items containing any one of the above mentioned values. This operator acts exactly like Contains One Of, except you can additional operators here.

Reference : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/using/advanced-data-filter.html

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Advanced (Special Characters): Uses special characters that have additional operators so users can filter exactly what they are looking for.

• Quotation marks for matching exact phrases. For example, "zap apple" would only return data containing that exact phrase.
  • Carets for starting with text. For example, ^sale would return items like sale on shoes and salesman.
  • Dashes for excluding data. For example, -gallery would prevent any line items that contain gallery from being returned.
  • Asterisks for wild cards. For example, home * sale would return home for sale and home 4 sale.
  • Dollar signs for ending with text. For example, $php in a URL report would return all sites ending with php.
  • Pipes for 'or' statements. For example, support | assistance | help | kb would return line items containing any one of the above mentioned values. This operator acts exactly like Contains One Of, except you can additional operators here.

Reference : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/using/advanced-data-filter.html

Regards

Devinder