Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Average Visits over Rolling Time Period

Level 1

Hi all,

Is it possible to measure average visits over a rolling four week time period? Ideally, the average will automatically update at the end of each week as the time period does. 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

@TomOpitz 

Hello.  Yes, I think you can but it may depend upon how you want to calculate an 'average'.  Meaning say you define the 'average' as total visits divided by 28 days.  Then yes, a calculated metric can be programmed to take total visits divided by 28.  You would then have to apply a 'segment' that only grabs data from the past 4 weeks, rolling weekly.  Adobe has a predefined Last 4 Full Weeks time segment, you just need to convert that into a regular Segment, because you can't use Time segments in calculated metrics, but you can use regular segments.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

@TomOpitz 

Hello.  Yes, I think you can but it may depend upon how you want to calculate an 'average'.  Meaning say you define the 'average' as total visits divided by 28 days.  Then yes, a calculated metric can be programmed to take total visits divided by 28.  You would then have to apply a 'segment' that only grabs data from the past 4 weeks, rolling weekly.  Adobe has a predefined Last 4 Full Weeks time segment, you just need to convert that into a regular Segment, because you can't use Time segments in calculated metrics, but you can use regular segments.