Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Average of dimension

Employee

Below table shows the audience size for a particular article. audience size is an dimension (Evar47)
Client wants to know the average audience size .
How can we create average of evar47

VidhyaAk1_0-1717157409919.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, dimensions are stored as text, so you can't average that information directly in Adobe Workspace. 

That said, you can use Report Builder to pull that information into Excel, and use Excel to convert the data to a number and build out your average there. Report Builder reports can be scheduled, so once you have a working report you can send it at a regular frequency to your client.

When I do things like this, I like to pull the data into a "Raw Data" sheet that I hide, then I pull the data into a cleaner, styled sheet that is visible to the audience.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, dimensions are stored as text, so you can't average that information directly in Adobe Workspace. 

That said, you can use Report Builder to pull that information into Excel, and use Excel to convert the data to a number and build out your average there. Report Builder reports can be scheduled, so once you have a working report you can send it at a regular frequency to your client.

When I do things like this, I like to pull the data into a "Raw Data" sheet that I hide, then I pull the data into a cleaner, styled sheet that is visible to the audience.

Employee

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan 

thanks for explanation.

I want to have audience size  values as metrics, can i store these values in custom event and keep event type as "numeric"?

Community Advisor

It might be possible.. I am not sure how you are actually setting this value...

I would be a little concerned that while you have a text value that says "8424", whatever metric you are combining it with is 102... if you try to track this as an event so that it's numeric, I wouldn't want you to end up with 859,248 (or higher since the metric in use may not be Occurrence, but more of a roll up metric like Visit or Unique Visitor). Basically, I am trying to say that when you push an event, it will count every time its set... so controlling it in a way that makes sense for your implementation could be very difficult....