Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Automate pulling data from Adobe Analytics to Google Sheet for reporting

Level 1

Can we automate pulling data from Adobe Analytics to Google Sheet for reporting purpose. Also is there any option on adobe analytics like we have on Google Adwords to use script to automate reporting?Script screenshot.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @prabhdeep1292 

1. Please try https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/data_connector_for_adobe_analytics/847523755862 for exporting data into Google Sheets. More details here
  2. I do not think there's a feature to automate reporting. However, if you can share your use case, I can help with workarounds. Adobe Analytics comes with powerful reporting features and reporting APIs are very efficient as well. So, please feel free to elaborate about the stuff you are trying to achieve, we can work it out

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kishore

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi its not Google sheets but Adobe has Excel report builder to do what you want.

Also for adwords you may be able to connect it to Adobe:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/integration/advertising-analytics/overview.html

GLTU

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @prabhdeep1292 

1. Please try https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/data_connector_for_adobe_analytics/847523755862 for exporting data into Google Sheets. More details here
  2. I do not think there's a feature to automate reporting. However, if you can share your use case, I can help with workarounds. Adobe Analytics comes with powerful reporting features and reporting APIs are very efficient as well. So, please feel free to elaborate about the stuff you are trying to achieve, we can work it out

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kishore

Level 3

Hi,

the Adobe Analytics Component Manager for Google Sheets has recently added a "Report Builder" which lets you pull any Adobe Analytics report data into a Google Sheet. The free version has certain limits, but there is also a free 14-day trial.

You can also schedule reports to be updated daily with e.g. the start and end date rolling via GoogleSheets formulas (e.g. End Date "=TODAY()-1" will always get the data until yesterday:

1. Build the report you want to get in GoogleSheets in Analysis Workspaces.

2. If you haven't already, enable the Workspace Debug mode (Help -> Enable Debug Mode). Then reload. You now see the little bug icons in all tables.

3. Copy the JSON of the Request from Workspace:

luekl_0-1669674078422.png

luekl_1-1669674235774.png

4. In the Component Manager Google Sheet, click on AA Component Manager -> Reports -> Create new Report.

5. In the new report tab, paste the request JSON from Workspace into the "Query Payload" Field in the Component Manager

6. Add any other settings, like the date range or if you would like daily granularity data.

7. Click AA Component Manager -> Reports -> Run Report and wait a bit.

luekl_2-1669674501161.png

To schedule the report to run daily, you can do that via "Activate Schedule".