Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Attribution - linear, recent, participation and visitor participation

Former Community Member

Hello,

I am tracking events that have no revenue associated/attributed to them.

If I wanted to look at page level event attribution, what attribution method do you believe I should use?

Linear works great with revenue... recent only attributes the event to the last page, participation full credit to each page in a visit and visitor participation full credit to each page over multiple visits.

Also, I have my page names captured as both an evar and s.prop.  Should I use the evar version since it is for event sequencing?  Or s.prop and treat it more like pathing?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

In evaluating site content and custom traffic variables; participation metrics are heavily used as the metric barometer. The idea behind this is you are trying to ascertain those site pages or sections with the most influence/contribution to site event goals. Site content and custom traffic when evaluated by linear attribution can be difficult due to the variable count of pages involved in a given converting visit. If you need to tie the occurrence of the event to a specific single page then reliance on your custom conversion site content variable(s) will be a requirement.

For site content analysis I would also recommend considering a new page view custom event metric (can be done with processing rules) so that you can also perform content velocity analysis. Essentially the new page view event allows for pages to be assessed on how many page views over the rest of the visit occur after viewing a given page. Further information on content velocity in the Adobe Blog link below:

Content Velocity Overview:
http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/discover-3-1-media-quick-wins-content-velocity/

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below mentioned doc and see if it helps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/compare-first-last-linear-allocations.html

Thanks!

Former Community Member

Shekar,

I understand how the attribution works, but I am looking for advice on the best attribution method for correlating non-revenue events with s.props like "Page".

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

In evaluating site content and custom traffic variables; participation metrics are heavily used as the metric barometer. The idea behind this is you are trying to ascertain those site pages or sections with the most influence/contribution to site event goals. Site content and custom traffic when evaluated by linear attribution can be difficult due to the variable count of pages involved in a given converting visit. If you need to tie the occurrence of the event to a specific single page then reliance on your custom conversion site content variable(s) will be a requirement.

For site content analysis I would also recommend considering a new page view custom event metric (can be done with processing rules) so that you can also perform content velocity analysis. Essentially the new page view event allows for pages to be assessed on how many page views over the rest of the visit occur after viewing a given page. Further information on content velocity in the Adobe Blog link below:

Content Velocity Overview:
http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/discover-3-1-media-quick-wins-content-velocity/

Best,

Brian