Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Assistance with Adobe Analytics API Integration

Level 1

I'm currently facing a challenge with integrating the Adobe Analytics API for Pepita.hu and could use some guidance from you guys.

I've been diligently working on setting up the Adobe Analytics API to gather valuable data and insights. However, despite following the documentation and guidelines provided by Adobe, I'm experiencing difficulties in getting it to work seamlessly.

Here are some specific details about the issue at hand:

• Despite carefully configuring the API according to Adobe's requirements, I'm unable to retrieve the desired data and insights from the Adobe Analytics API for my project.
  • I've double-checked credentials, endpoints, and configurations to ensure accuracy.
  • I've performed thorough testing of the API calls and verified permissions and access rights for the associated Adobe Analytics account.

Despite my efforts, the integration of the Adobe Analytics API remains a challenge. 

If you have experience or expertise with the Adobe Analytics API or just common mistakes or issues can i commit, your guidance would be immensely appreciated. Any troubleshooting steps, best practices, or suggestions on how to successfully integrate the API would be highly valuable of course.

HUUGE THANKS to you advance for your time!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are integrating AA with other platforms and encounter errors, you need to ask the developer of that platform to share with you the error message to understand where going wrong and identify what to fix.

However, you can always try to use some tools like postman to test and verify your project on console.adobe.io is properly configured and able to retrieve data first.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are integrating AA with other platforms and encounter errors, you need to ask the developer of that platform to share with you the error message to understand where going wrong and identify what to fix.

However, you can always try to use some tools like postman to test and verify your project on console.adobe.io is properly configured and able to retrieve data first.

Community Advisor

If your issue is just in building your API calls, here is a little known trick!

Workspaces are built using the API, and you can actually get access to the API calls to reuse (and modify) those calls.

First, enable Debug mode from the Help menu:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1684796323954.png

This will add a new icon onto your tables:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1684796351163.png

Now, when you click on that icon, it will give you some options, choose "Freeform Table":

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1684796399903.png

Then, you will see timestamps for the call(s) that have been made:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1684796443939.png

When you select these, a window showing the API in various formats (JSON, CURL, etc) will be provided.

You can copy these and use them as is, or start making modifications to them.

As @leocwlau said, you can test these out in Postman, but there is also a web interface you can use: 

https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/2.0/apis/

Hopefully this will help

Level 1

Thank you guys for your help! I will take the advice/trick and use it in the future. I think I will restart the project from scratch to see things clearly