Expand my Community achievements bar.

Asset ID question between Adobe Analytics and Adobe Experience Manager

Level 3

Hi All,

Recently, I got a question/issue reported about the dimension field of "Asset ID". Basically, AA users are not able to any value for Asset ID. By looking into the raw data excel, I find there are a few records having the value like the one below. Actually, what users expected is to see UUID of assets in the reports of AA. So, how is Asset ID working, please? If it is not showing the expected value, is there a way to disable it in the search components list?

"CjwKCAjw5remBhBiEiwAxL2M92W8L0noDxzlDWFITjB1kTAV7PZNEKbenGPzV6NXK6LcdEEApIoXDxoCrTcQAvD_BwE"

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I assume you are using the AEM <> Adobe auto connection to collect this information?

When we were on AEM I didn't use that, since we had pages in the site that were AEM/React and other pages that were entirely React.. I didn't want to deal with multiple implementations.. so we used data layers (custom and what was used by React to build the site) for pulling out the needed Analytics....

That seems strange that you would be getting such weird, non-id data... 

Level 3

@Jennifer_Dungan  Thanks for your answer.

Yes, the site I am looking into is using the native integration between AEM and Analytics to collect this information. Maybe, it was not configured correctly or expectedly, which is causing some confustion with this integration. >.<

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/sites/integrations/...

Community Advisor

That's possible.. or maybe there is some bug on the Adobe side?

According to the integration site this looks pretty straight forward...I would expect it to either work, or not work based on your setup... 

Perhaps Client Care could provide deeper insights into the strange values you are receiving.