Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Are pages in Adobe Analytics driven by URL or by Page Name

Level 3

I have a question for you related to potential impacts to Adobe Analytics. Are pages in Adobe Analytics driven by URL or by Page Name?

For example, for the product below, if we also want to update the Page Name in Magento from  Service Mat to something that includes the target keywords like Bar Service Mat, will that change the tracking on this product such that it appears to be a new product and is disconnected from previous reporting on it? The reason for the question is that the way Magento and AEM are implemented, the Product Name drives the Page Name and URL. So in order to update the page name, I have to change the Product Name.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AshwinC5I 

Let me try and break down your question.

There are two parts to it.

1. Pagename dependent on product name

2. Product reporting - Here I am assuming you use s.products variable to capture product information.

Now, addressing item no.1 - Pages reports in Analytics is populated based on s.pageName variable. If this variable is not set then the page url shows up in the pages report for a page. Since you have a naming convention in place for pagenames, you would have proper pagenames in the pages report. If you change the name of a page, you would start seeing a new pagename but you can always breakdown by page url if there is a need to identify the URL.

Second point above, you asked if the product reporting would be impacted. If you change the value of product you are sending in s.products variable, then yes, you would start seeing new products in your reports.

Hope the above helps in some way.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AshwinC5I 

Let me try and break down your question.

There are two parts to it.

1. Pagename dependent on product name

2. Product reporting - Here I am assuming you use s.products variable to capture product information.

Now, addressing item no.1 - Pages reports in Analytics is populated based on s.pageName variable. If this variable is not set then the page url shows up in the pages report for a page. Since you have a naming convention in place for pagenames, you would have proper pagenames in the pages report. If you change the name of a page, you would start seeing a new pagename but you can always breakdown by page url if there is a need to identify the URL.

Second point above, you asked if the product reporting would be impacted. If you change the value of product you are sending in s.products variable, then yes, you would start seeing new products in your reports.

Hope the above helps in some way.

Cheers,

Abhinav