Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

AppMeasurement Javascript release 2.10.0 question

Community Advisor

Hello Team,

Recently AppMeasurement JavaScript new version 2.10.0 released. but how can I get more information about the changes had been done in mentioned release.

As per the release notes provided here at AppMeasurement for JavaScript for latest version, what does they exactly and their implications in terms of developer point of view.

I am not getting clear idea after reading below

- AppMeasurement blocks cookie transmissions during POST. (AN-165538)

- Drop support for XDomainRequest. (AN-165733)

- Reduce AppMeasurement default cookie lifetime from five to two years. (AN-158572)

- Remove the Media Module from the Code Manager (AppMeasurement) (AN-166590)

As per above points, if media module plugin code has removed then is it still works in new version?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

With the latest version of AppMeasurement JavaScript ( 2.10 ) the media module will no longer be available or supported.
If you upgrade to latest version, it wouldn't work.

As an alternative, either you need to move to Heartbeat implementation for video tracking or custom tracking.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

The details like AN-165538,etc. were Analytics bugs reported by customers which were fixed and released with this AppM version. Further, as part of this release, we have removed AppMeasurement_Module_Media.js from the AppMeasurement bundle; it means you will no longer be seeing this file while downloading the latest AppM v2.10.0.

Hope that helps!

Thank you.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

With the latest version of AppMeasurement JavaScript ( 2.10 ) the media module will no longer be available or supported.
If you upgrade to latest version, it wouldn't work.

As an alternative, either you need to move to Heartbeat implementation for video tracking or custom tracking.

Level 2

Hi,

Can someone please throw light on AN-165538? This is regarding blockage of cookie transmission on POST calls.