Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Alternate for Adobe plug-in: getPageLoadTime Deprecated

Level 3

Hi everyone ,

I just noticed in  getPageLoadTime  plugin documentation has been deprecated , 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpageloadtime.html?l...

Can anyone tell me , How long it will work for existing setup and can anyone tell me the alternate method to capture page load time.

Actually , I was looking for documentation for some errors in plugin but since documentation has been , can anyone tell me a alternate method ?

Thanks !  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I do agree that page load time is an important metric, but I also have never used Adobe for that information...

Basically, I don't want to defer our analytics tracking to the page fully loads (in case our third-party content like ads)... and I am trying to keep costs down by not firing multiple server calls like a second action for the page fully loaded (you may have a high enough budget for this, I have to keep our implementation lean).

Our team has used different tools over the years for tracking performance... pingdom, nagios, there was a third I can't remember...  you could also look at a tool like Dynatrace... 

Right now, we have a process to run Lighthouse reports so that we can also collect data such as Core Web Vitals... 

The data isn't in Adobe, and may not be the best solution for you...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

The problem is less an "Adobe" thing, and more of a "Browser" thing... That plugin relied on code that modern browsers are disabling...

The plugin will likely continue to work for old browsers, and fail on new ones... It really depends on your users... are they updating their browsers (are their browsers auto-updating - which is likely)... MDM Docs doesn't really say the "max" browser supported, just the minimum... 

I don't think you will be able to get an equivalent to this, if browsers don't support the ability to pull performance timing data, you may be out of luck....

Level 3

Okay, Is page load time a very important metrics. What is your point of view?

Is it possible that I can ignore them since we are not using it much in reports except in a single report

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I do agree that page load time is an important metric, but I also have never used Adobe for that information...

Basically, I don't want to defer our analytics tracking to the page fully loads (in case our third-party content like ads)... and I am trying to keep costs down by not firing multiple server calls like a second action for the page fully loaded (you may have a high enough budget for this, I have to keep our implementation lean).

Our team has used different tools over the years for tracking performance... pingdom, nagios, there was a third I can't remember...  you could also look at a tool like Dynatrace... 

Right now, we have a process to run Lighthouse reports so that we can also collect data such as Core Web Vitals... 

The data isn't in Adobe, and may not be the best solution for you...

Level 3

Thanks,

Well, I should probably I should recommend  other tool . Since , we are using launch as a base tool to implement other tool , I should think about rule orders too i guess.