Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Adobe Launch-youtube no cookie tracking

Level 2

Hi Team,

Our site has implemented with youtube-nocookie.com videos but this format videos are not tracking with youtube embedded tracking method,

Can some one help me how we can track this kind of video?

Amruthesh_AG_0-1718951453105.png

@Jennifer

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I've never had proper success tracking YouTube videos using only Adobe Launch ever... whether it was a regular YT or this new No-Cookie variant.

In our experience, the play, pause, etc actions only sporadically worked... I would hit play - nothing, I would hit pause - nothing, I would hit play again - success, I would hit pause - nothing,  I would hit play again - nothing, I would hit pause - success...

There was no pattern to the failures to detect the events... it resulted in a approximately a 70% failure rate. Now, it's possible that was due to something in our React site, I have not tried with our new front-end code.

Questions for you:

1. Have you had YouTube Videos (before no-cookie) implemented on your site, and was that code stable? (Trying to figure out if the issue is YT in general, or just this new variation)

2. Are you seeing any error messages? Or are your triggers just not being detected?