Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Adobe Default Attribution

Level 2

Hi,

Is Adobe Default Attribution for a visit level metric last touch and if so, what is the lookback default window?

Thanks!

1 Reply

Community Advisor

I believe you might mean visit level dimensions (not metrics, as metrics are counters, they don't have value attribution), and events are by default "hit" level. The exception to this is the ability to enable "Participation" on your events, which will create a "Visit Participation" metric.. but with custom attribution available in Workspace, this setting probably doesn't need to be here any longer, since you have so much more control over how the events work when using them in your reports.

Adobe's eVars default to "Most Recent (Last)" Allocation with a "Visit" level expiry... but these can be changed in the Report Suite settings. I believe the lookback is the same as the expiry (as there is no separate setting for that).

In this standard setup, let's say we have eVar1

Page A (no eVar) > Page B (eVar1 = "value 1") > Page C (no eVar being set) > Page D (eVar1 = "value 2")

When you look at your Data, and correlate pages to eVar1

Page A = unspecified

Page B = value 1

Page C = value 1

Page D = value 2

However, in workspace, on the fly, you can change the attribution model on custom events (so let's say you have an event (event1) called "Form Submitted"

Page A > Page B (Form) > Page C (Thank you Page) "Form Submitted" (event1) > Page C > Page D

(I am using an actual page for the event rather than an action so that I can use Page in both examples)

When you look at event1 against Pages, only Page C (the thank you page) will show up

But, if you apply custom attribution to event1 (let's say Participation Attribution, lookback Window Visit)

Page A, B and C should all show up in the report (each with a count of 1)

You are basically changing the attribution to show all the Pages in the Visit that had participation in leading to the event being triggered.

Here is some reading about Attribution Models: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/attribution/overview.ht...

I hope this helped, but maybe this isn't what you were looking for?