Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Customer Attributes Setup within Adobe Tags

Level 1

I am trying to setup customer attributes for the first time to sync Salseforce data within adobe for personalization.  I have uploaded a test file in the customer attributes source per instructions from Adobe https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/core-services/interface/services/customer-attributes/t-cr...
For the Alias ID to sync it looks like I need to create a corresponding ID in Adobe tags to reference this data source.  I did so with a new rule triggered on the DOM loading utilizing the following logic 

fishmatt_0-1721061488820.png

The value is a data element referencing "prz" as a query string.  Here is a copy of the test file I uploaded into customer attributes for reference as well

Personalization IDLB Territory
test1234North
test1111South
test2222East
test3333West
test4444Northwest
test4321Northeast

It appears that the last selection in the LB Territory column takes priority when inputting the data regardless of the personalization ID being used as a query string.  How can I fix this? 

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @fishmatt 

When you are using the Experience Cloud ID service, you must set a Customer ID and Authentication State to use customer attributes in targeting. 

So in your logic, the Auth State value must me AUTHENTICATED. 

Once you made this change the rule gets trigger and you're able to verify in your delivery call like below. 

Gokul_Agiwal_0-1721120889194.png

For more info Customer IDs and Authentication States | Adobe Experience Cloud Services

Hope this helps.