Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics report builder

Level 1

Hi,
Can anyone please guide me. How can i use a url in excel to get the data for that URL via report builder and change the URL for which the data is required. I want to parse URL and data range and get the data for that URL within excel using report Builder. How can i create a request like that, Please guide.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, this should be possible.

First, I assume you have a custom eVar holding your URL.

The first thing I would do would be to create a "config" sheet, and a "raw data" sheet in your workbook,

On the "config" I would create From and To date cells (where you can customize the dates you want to pull data from. I would also create a cell with the URL you want to pull.

Next, create your request.

Choose the "URL" eVar under Custom Conversion report... now for your date ranges, choose "Dates from Cells" as the drop down option, and choose the From and To cells in your config sheet in your Request:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1694615705668.png

Now, go to the next screen. In the Row Labels, you will see a pre-populated "eVar Name" "Top 1-10" - Click on this, and choose "Filter" from the popup.

You will then get a pop up control that looks something like this:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1694615927000.png

Choose "Specific", then you will have the option to choose a range of cells:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1694615999679.png

However, I believe that this is "matches" not contains... so if you have parameters in your eVar, this may only pull back the URLs that were loaded without any params.. but if you have an eVar holding the 'base" URL, and another one with full url, you can create your filters on the base and include a full url as a secondary dimension here.

You can build out your Metrics and columns as usual here, then populate into your "Raw Data" sheet.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, this should be possible.

First, I assume you have a custom eVar holding your URL.

The first thing I would do would be to create a "config" sheet, and a "raw data" sheet in your workbook,

On the "config" I would create From and To date cells (where you can customize the dates you want to pull data from. I would also create a cell with the URL you want to pull.

Next, create your request.

Choose the "URL" eVar under Custom Conversion report... now for your date ranges, choose "Dates from Cells" as the drop down option, and choose the From and To cells in your config sheet in your Request:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1694615705668.png

Now, go to the next screen. In the Row Labels, you will see a pre-populated "eVar Name" "Top 1-10" - Click on this, and choose "Filter" from the popup.

You will then get a pop up control that looks something like this:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1694615927000.png

Choose "Specific", then you will have the option to choose a range of cells:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1694615999679.png

However, I believe that this is "matches" not contains... so if you have parameters in your eVar, this may only pull back the URLs that were loaded without any params.. but if you have an eVar holding the 'base" URL, and another one with full url, you can create your filters on the base and include a full url as a secondary dimension here.

You can build out your Metrics and columns as usual here, then populate into your "Raw Data" sheet.